A web design career offers a combination of technology and imaginative opportunities.
Web developers build vital, dynamic web sites for recreational, collaboration or business functions. North Carolina website design education programs prep individuals by teaching the most current coding software and essential design methods. And you can be a part of it too.
Web Development Occupation Profile
Website designers have been described as the painters of the technology community. They help to create good-looking, effective sites and pages for Web browsers, video games, phones, and other personal display systems.
These are specialists who have developed talents that are desired by employers. Electronic graphics and page designers are routinely viewed as the “most desired” specialty team members by employee head hunters.
And as reported by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of internet and image developers is predicted to gain by at least 10 percent over the next few years. The most significant career opportunities will be from marketers, publishing houses, and web-based design companies looking to fill their ranks with applicants who possess formal college education, solid software application expertise and some sort of experience.
North Carolina Education and College Alternatives
Right now there are about 250 post-secondary schools with curriculum in design that are credentialed by The National Association of Schools of Art and Design. Some two-year and three-year professional institutions may provide participants associate degrees and certificates in visual and web-based design.
However, certain starting web designer situations call for a four-year degree in development which usually involves education in a universal development language. Main languages include Java, ColdFusion, HTML and C++.
Web development training could be enrolled at either a traditional campus or on the web based upon your personal education tastes, course scheduling needs along with closeness to a good quality school.
Even if you have a full weekly schedule, you can still push your professional career upward with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree attained by means of a mix of traditional campus curriculum and web-based classes.
Provided you are career targeted, you should have the ability to discover a career training plan that is affordable and manageable, with outcomes aimed towards driving your work and career upwards.
Explore these opportunities:
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Web Design (C)
- Multimedia & Web Design II (C)
- Multimedia & Web Design I (C)
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Web Development
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Web Development - Bachelor's
- Mobile Development
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- BSIT - Programming and Software Development
- AASIT - Programming and Software Development
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Network Support Technician Certificate
- Bachelor’s and Master’s level programs in digital investigations, information assurance and security, project management, and more.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- 8 out the top 20 employers of AIU graduates are Fortune 50 companies
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Bachelor's (BIT) - Software Analysis and Development
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science